Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Green Site Spotlight: Lush

Today, I'm very excited to be spotlighting one of my favorite green companies:


Here's what they have to say about themselves on their website:


We believe in making effective products from fresh, organic* fruit and vegetables, the finest essential oils and safe synthetics.
We invent our own products and fragrances. We make them fresh by hand using little or no preservative or packaging, using only vegetarian ingredients, and tell you when they were made.
We believe in buying ingredients only from companies that do not commission tests on animals and in testing our products on humans.
We believe in happy people making happy soap, putting our faces on our products and making our mums proud.
We believe in long candlelit baths, sharing showers, massage, filling the world with perfume and in the right to make mistakes, lose everything and start again.
We believe our products are good value, that we should make a profit and that the customer is always right.


* We also believe words like fresh and organic have honest meaning beyond marketing.

Sounds pretty good, doesn't it? Well, it is. I lost my Lush virginity during my study abroad to London, when all the girls went gaga for a Lush store. After trying out a few of their products, I have to admit -- I'm a little gaga for Lush now, too.

Here are some of my personal favorite products:
The Sex Bomb
Drop this in a hot bath and settle in for a long night with your hunny. This smells amazing, and its fizzy action is really cool. Plus, I love the smoothing the soft petals from the middle all over my skin.

The Tuca Tuca Massage Bar
This violet-scented solid perfume is AMAZING. It smells great, goes on easy, lasts forever, and even makes your skin pleasantly shimmery. 


The Charity Pot
This body creme keeps my skin (the driest of all dry skins) feeling moist and lovely all day long. Plus,
"Every penny that you pay for a pot, excluding the tax, goes to grassroots charities all around the world." So you can feel good about treating yourself to this one!


I love their fresh facial masks, too, but as they need to be refrigerated, you can't buy them online.

I love Lush. I do. I love treating myself to their products and feeling good about it being ethically created and sold. My husband has figured out that no matter what the holiday, he can't go wrong getting me something or other from Lush.

Aimez la terre!
Constance Marie